Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone by making this post. Everyone has their own opinions and I have mine.
This tag was first created by The Book Archer over on YouTube. Click here to watch the original video.
- A popular book or series that you didn’t like For this, I have to say the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. I read Shatter Me and it was okay, but I barely got through 100 pages of Unravel Me and I have no intention of continuing this series even though I own all the books. I just really dislike the characters and I don’t understand what the hype about Warner is about. Also, I wasn’t a huge fan of the writing style.
- A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love I think I’m going with Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick for this. I’ve only read the first book and have to say, really enjoyed it. I haven’t seen a lot of people say that they hate it, but not a lot of people liked this book. Another one that came to mind was Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Magaret Stohl. A lot of people disliked it but on the other hand, I absolutely loved this book.
- A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did not want them to/an OTP you did not like I also have two choices for this and I’m probably going to offend quite a number of people with this. First, I have Four and Tris from Divergent. They’re both really headstrong and I think that that would somehow be like a barrier for them in their relationship and I just don’t see them together. Next we have Harry and Ginny from Harry Potter. There was very little buildup to their relationship and I would’ve liked them better if they had kind of built up their relationship a few books before.
- A popular book genre you hardly reach for
One genre I hardly reach for would definitely be Paranormal/Paranormal Romance. One example for this is the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which I haven’t yet read. A lot of people enjoy this genre, but I’m not super interested in this particular genre.
- A popular or beloved character that you do not like This one’s pretty simple and I would have to go with Margo Roth Speigelman from Paper Towns. I somehow felt that she was very attention seeking and I just don’t like her as much than compared to many others who have read this book.
- A popular author that you can’t seem to get into That’s going to have to be Benjamin Alire Saenz for me. I tried reading Aristotle and Dante but I didn’t even get through half of it before giving up. I think that his writing style is just not suitable. Also, I did not like the characters and found them annoying at some times.
- A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing Instant love is something I really do not enjoy seeing in books. The probability of that happening in real life is like 0. I mean, you don’t even know that person and you probably just think you love them because they are attractive.
- A popular book or series you have no interest in reading I’m not going to say never read, but probably just not picking it up in the near future. I think I’m going to have to go with the Maze Runner series by James Dashner and the Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James. Both of these books have received a lot of controversy and furthermore I’ve been spoiled for the Maze Runner series. Also, I don’t own any of these books, so there’s a lower chance of me picking them up. I also have not read Erotica before, but I might pick it up when I’m older so as to expand my reading circle.
- The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book? This is a pretty new adaptation and that is Paper Towns! I didn’t enjoy the book as much as I thought I would and the movie stuck to the book pretty well, except for the ending, which I thought the movie did better than the book. For the book, it seemed like for the whole book, we were building up to this epic ending, but it kind of just fell flat. The movie did a better job, in my opinion.