top 10 tuesday is a weekly meme created by the broke and the bookish. this week’s theme is top ten quotes i loved from books i read in the past year or so.
- “One must always be careful of books,” said Tessa, “and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” -Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
- “We rarely find a depth by looking inside of ourselves for it. Depth is found in what we can learn from the people and things around us. Everyone, everything, has a story, Gia. When you learn those stories, you learn experiences that fill you up, that expand your understanding. You add layers to your soul.” -Kasie West, The Fill-In Boyfriend
- “Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” -Marissa Meyer, Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1)
- “All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.” -Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
- “Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.” -Kiera Cass, The One (The Selection #3)
- “People come in and out of your life. For a time they are your world; they are everything. And then one day they’re not. There’s no telling how long you will have them near.” -Jenny Han, P.S. I Still Love You (To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before #2)
- “Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” -Sabaa Tahir, An Ember In The Ashes (An Ember In The Ashes #1)
- “It’s funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.” -Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and The Olympians #1)
- “Don’t be discouraged – every relationship you have is a failure, until you find the right one.” -Gillian Flynn, Dark Places
- “Some things you can never leave behind. They don’t belong to the past. They belong to you.” -Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1)
what are some of your favorite book quotes? share them with me!