this is the place where i will be featuring some of my favorite books of the year. each category will only have one winner and 2 runner-ups. i’m not sure if anyone has done this before me, so i’m just creating these questions myself. the books are not necessarily all 2015 releases, they just comprise of the books i read during 2015 Continue reading
author: marissa meyer
rating: 4.75/5 stars
synopsis [from goodreads]:
When Princess Winter was thirteen, the rumor around the Lunar court was that her glamour would soon be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana. In a fit of jealousy, Levana disfigured Winter. Four years later, Winter has sworn off the use of her glamour altogether. Despite her scars, Winter’s natural beauty, her grace, and her gentleness are winning admiration from the Lunar people that no amount of mind-control could achieve.
Winter despises her stepmother, but has never dreamed of standing up to her. That is, until she realizes that she may be the only one with the power to confront the queen.
i wasn’t tagged to do this (as usual), but i’d thought to give this a try as the questions seemed pretty fun!! Continue reading
i decided to put up this post on the 13th of december, in honor of my birthday, so that you’ll know a little more about me!! i hope this isn’t too boring
- my favorite color is gray. i know, not a very interesting favorite color, but i just seem to really like the color, considering most clothes i own are gray.
- i really really like k-pop. my favorite group has to be super junior. any elfs here? i wish kry would come to sg, but they probably won’t have a chance until 2018 :<
- i would love to travel to europe ❤
- i live in singapore, a country in southeast asia
- i have read a total of 49 books this year so far, which was more than i expected, tbh
- my other favorite group other than sj would definitely have to be the vamps!! they’re coming to singapore next year, ahh i’m so excited!!!
- my favorite genre is fantasy. it was a fantasy book that got me into reading all those years ago 🙂
- my favorite fairy tale is the beauty and the beast
- i don’t like wearing dresses and only own 1 dress. (i don’t mind skirts, but just rarely wear dresses)
- i have no idea how i’m still alive after all the yewook moments from kry in bkk [esp that backhug from yesterday] *faints*
so if you didn’t notice, this post was also another reason for me to fangirl over my favorite groups. oops…
book travelling thursdays is a weekly meme created by danielle @danielle’s book blog and catia @the girl who read too much. click here to visit the goodreads page for more information! all you have to do is to state why you chose this book, show the original cover, the cover from your country, your favorite cover, and your least favorite cover. this week’s topic is: because we’re never to old to believe in fairy tales choose your favorite re-telling!!
title: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
author: mark haddon
rating: 4.25/5 stars
synopsis [from goodreads]:
Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions. He cannot stand to be touched. And he detests the color yellow.
Although gifted with a superbly logical brain, for fifteen-year-old Christopher everyday interactions and admonishments have little meaning. He lives on patterns, rules, and a diagram kept in his pocket. Then one day, a neighbor’s dog, Wellington, is killed and his carefully constructive universe is threatened. Christopher sets out to solve the murder in the style of his favorite (logical) detective, Sherlock Holmes. What follows makes for a novel that is funny, poignant and fascinating in its portrayal of a person whose curse and blessing are a mind that perceives the world entirely literally